Friday, June 20, 2008

The past 30 months




So this is our official first post. We are soo excited to start this blog to keep in contact with our family and friends. So a little info about what’s going on in our life right now; and an update on the past 30 months.


We married on December 15, 2005 and the wedding was simple and beautiful. The next day we had our reception and the following day we moved into our new apartment on Mary St in Utica. That was an interesting year and a half. We finally bought our first rental properties in the December of 2006 and was able to move into one of the eight apartments in May of 2007.

With in the past 2 ½ years we have had our struggles but for the most part we have a lot of great adventures. We have had 2 new nieces added to the family. We were able to take many trips to Utah to see family, to Pa, to Washington D. C. and Canada.




We have had some medical issues where we are unable to have children at this time. On a happier note Jason and I have been really talking about adoption lately. Well there is this boy in my home ward that is in the foster care system and I have known for the past 5 or so years. His name is William and he is 12. He is one of the sweetest kids you will ever meet.Yet has a lot of trust issues and some behavioral issues as well. He is a great kid though And he is soooo smart. His father walked out on him when he was 2 and his mother wants nothing to do with him, so he has been living with old women all his life (his great grandmother who just recently died, and now his abusive uncle and grandmother). So Jason and I decided that we will take him for the summer as a trial period and if all works out we would like to adopt him William has never had a strong family and I feel that between Jason and I are personality and ways of teaching and understanding we can give William the opportunity and tools to have a successful life. Ever since I have felt that adoption is the way to go I have thought of William. Not a lot of people are going to agree with our decision to take on a pre-teen but we feel that it is so right for us. I know heavenly father has plans in store for us. And ever since we got married we have always wanted are first son to be named William, we just didn’t know that it would be an 12 year old. Thanks for reading our little up date. ~Jason and Kimberly~

No comments: